Wednesday, March 12, 2008
All my fellow Pearson CPAs know why I haven't blogged lately. I have exactly 4 weeks and 6 days left of Tax Season 2007 (I know it is 2008, but I don't change years until at least mid October). This is the point during tax season when it just isn't fun anymore. Yes, there is a time when the momentum is building that I find this whole process exciting. Another opportunity to "Step up and help out"(one of my partners favorite slogans), to prove myself. But after 8 weeks and 3 days, enough is enough. Spring is in the air, which has the exact opposite affect me and all the other accountants in my office. It makes us even crankier. Why? Because we are stuck behind an L shaped desk and multiple computer monitors while the rest of the country is out spending their refunds on flip flops and tank tops. It was 75 degrees outside today, the grass is waking up and the spring flowers are starting to bloom. I want download the third installment of the Twilight series to my iPod, get a big glass of ice tea, find a nice chaise lounge out in the warm sun and not move for several days. But with two kids and a husband vying for attention and sorely neglected house chores, it will be July and too hot to lounge before that happens...ugh
Here are some of my tax season rants(you should probably stop reading at this point if you don't own a red or blue lead pencil):
1) I hate CG Times font!!!!
2) No, I don't want your check stubs...add them up yourself.
3) I am your CPA, not your shrink
4) I just want to do your tax return, not roll your retained earnings
5) We are paperless, why do I need a red or blue lead pencil!!!
6) Who still sends faxes... Mom and Lee(sorry mom)...
7) Dot matrix printers...I couldn't read it, even if you hadn't faxed it to me