Friday, December 21, 2007

I am offically one of THOSE people


You know, one of those people who inspire the big warning labels all over everything... yes, it's that bad.  Some girl friends and I met for dinner this week and exchanged gifts.  I gave a milk frother (great for hot coco and froth for lattes) a set of red Christmas mugs and a coffee table cookbook on Coffee to my coffee loving friend Heather.  She gave me an adorable picture frame with "the gang" on it (the name of my website) and one of those new Woodwick candles in Currant.  The candles are unique because they have a wood wick instead of spring or thread and therefore sound like a real fire when they are burning.  I rush home to try out the new candle (love candles!!!) and listen to the crackling...only it's not as loud as a real fire.  Okay, here it comes... I couldn't hear it very well, so I picked it up to hold it closer to my ear so I could hear better.  They were right! It sounds just like a flickering, crackling fire.  At this point I am being to smell something funny... Out of the corner of my eye I notice that a small patch of my hair is slowly curling and melting.  Yep, my hair was on fire!!!! Thank goodness I am not a huge fan of hair products.  A little hair spray would probably taken me from flammable to highly combustible. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That's too funny\1 Dodged that hairspray bullet, didn't ya!?

AD said...

I saw that one coming!!! Soo funny!!!

Our Family said...

Hey NIKKI!!! I'm so happy that you are blogging too! Your kids are ADORABLE, I can't believe how big they are! I don't think I even know you had two! Isn't that pathetic?!!! I'm so excited to catch up! Oh, and by the way....I'm one of "those" people too, so you're totally not alone! :)

Our Family said...

Oops...I meant "Knew" you had two...I hate it when I do that. Grr.