Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday Nick!!!

(6 am - sleeping soundly)
Nick: Mom!! 
Me:  What?! (open one eye to see Nick standing by the bed dressed for the day...I must be dreaming)
Nick: Mom, it's my birthday!!!
Me:  Happy birthday Nick. Come back in 30 minutes...(close open eye)
(30 minutes later)
Nick: Mom! I made you guys breakfast!
Me: I don't do breakfast.
Nick: I know. That's why I just made you a glass of orange juice.  I made me and Dad waffles! (Don't panic - they were Eggos)
Me: (open one eye again)
Nick: Can I open my present now?!?!?!
Me: Dad, give him his present and take pictures. (close open eye again).



Don't feel too bad for him.  He spent the rest of the morning on a Japanese island surrounded by heavy gun fire... his personal paradise.

Tonight G'ma is taking him out for Sushi,
tomorrow night the family is going out for pizza and Bolt 3-D,
and apparently Saturday night he has invited some friends to go to Lasertron and then sleep-over.  One of the mothers of the friends asked me about it tonight at open house at school... Talk about stretching a birthDAY into an entire weekend!!! 

Happy Birthday Nick!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's such a sweet story!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICHOLAI! See you tomorrow!!

AD said...

What a darling boy, making breakfast for his parents on his birthday...shouldn't it be the other way around??? Hope his day was wonderful and I'm dying to hear your take on Twilight!!

Sabra said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Nick. Way to celebrate, dude!! Wish I was there.

Maegan said...

What a sweet kid! I hope he has a great birthDAY WEEKEND! :)

I can't wait to see you all in a couple of days!

Carla said...

Happy Birthday Nick! He was so excited about his gifts, think he had any idea what he was getting? Thats so cute he made breakast for his mom & dad. He's a wonderful young man!